Sunday 5 August 2012

Wargming Cannibalism

Found a big bag of 20mm SCW figures, mainly Irregular but several other manufacturers as well and melted them all down - now I suspect that there are people out there crying shame ! , but lets face it I was never going to use them . I could have sold them on EBay but could not be bothered and I'm not sure how much they would make , if  I was going to do the SCW in the future I would use some of the newer 28mm figures. So they have been reused into -


These will be the mounted element of Scheither's Frei Korp ,they took quite a bit of casting , cavalry molds need extra vents cutting into the molds, but I'm pleased with the results .


I especially like the trumpeter , have got a couple of Hussar molds as well but being newer more rounded types they are proving harder to get perfect castings from them .

8 comments:

  1. Trim fellows. I look forward to seeing them on the field.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unless they are rare or otherwise in demand, you would probably lose money selling figures to buy casting metal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the trumpeter too.
    Project coming along nicely I feel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! a good équipe equestrienne! I like the dynamic of these PA-figures. They are easy to cast and relatively fast to paint. Go on in 40mm, so I am not the only one in this scale...:-)
    Monseigneur

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am enjoying painting them in a 'toy soldier' style which is easier for my aging eyes.

      Delete
  5. Cavalry can be a problem to cast.

    The trumpeter is very nice figure indeed as is the kettle drummer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The earlier molds seem to be easier to cast , but each one has its own personality.

      Delete