Saturday 15 June 2013

Trooping the Colour.

 
I noticed it was the 'Trooping of the Colours' on TV today so I thought it appropriate to post this . In an effort to boost morale in 'Army Red' the CinC has decided that regiments will now field their Colours  .
 
 
Here they pass on parade in front of the CinC and a group of officers and distinguished visitors .
 
 
The Borsetshire Regiment troop their Colour , The Great Patio War was the last time that 'Army Red' had Regimental Colours in action - although many authorities dispute this* ! (I hope to add flags to the other units and also 'Army Black' when I get around to it )
(* Dobson - 'The evidence against the use of Unit Flags in Late War' -Oxford 1899)
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Personally I like my units to have colours. I think that it gives them more "personality" . . . so I salute your decision, sir.


    -- Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Splendid old chap utterly splendid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Splendid - always nice to have a parade

    -- Allan

    ReplyDelete